• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Coma to eliminate too much neurotransmitters?

1shakenup

Greenlighter
If I now have too much of neurotransmitters such as serotonin going into the synapses from the, presynaptic cells, (serotonin syndrome) and the possibility of noradrenaline or other may be a part of the problem, would the cure for this be to put me into a coma while I’m hooked up to an oxygen machine. If not, what’s the cure? If yes, how long would I be kept in a coma to stop serotonin syndrome?
During the coma would I be kept in the emergency room or put in a room?
After I’ve been revived from the coma would I be kept in the emergency room or put in a room?
After I’ve been revived how long would I be kept in the hospital?
Would I lose a lot of weight while in a coma?

I think this sort of issue really requires a physician to figure out what the actual problem is and what a solution might be. However Healthy living Folks might be interested in speculating about such things so we'll give it a try it over there.

Homeless----------------------------------------------> Healthy Living

Why would you think that you have too much of certain neurotransmitters? If you do have serotonin syndrome then seek help! This is a very serious situation and the treatment is administration of 5-HT antagonists such as cyproheptadine and using other medications to mitigate the symptoms - the treatment is not inducing a coma.

Come on, this shit is truly ridiculous.
Will I be put in a separate room if they keep me in a coma?
Will I lose a lot of weight if they keep me in a coma?
Typing a set of weird questions while suffering from serotonin syndrome!?

This is really a pointless thread.
OP, just state what your problem is and what silly shit you did to cause the problem.
Perhaps then somebody could give you a decent answer.

when i was in a seizure-induced coma from drug od or benzo w.d (hell knows bc i was really fucked up and addicted to so many drugs on an insane level- and was actually permanently in psychosis state for months). I was only in a coma for like 4 days, intubated and just passed out. i was in the er, then woke up in the icu section (i think) with a 24hr nurse. i was deathly skinny already so i dont know if i lost weight - probably. i was so weak from atrophy maybe or just drug abuse, i could not physically stand on my own for a couple days. once i could walk myself out of there, i was able to leave.

i dont know if what i wrote helped u at all, but i think it's a bit unconventional to intentionally want a coma for what u believe is excess neurotransmitters. I mean, how do u know that u have too many of certain neurotransmitters. Did u measure and count it somehow???

Last edited: